What you Need
- All purpose flour 3 cups (about 15 ounces)
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Sugar 1 ½ cups (about 10 ½ ounces)
- Eggs 3
- Egg yolks 2
- Vanilla extract 2 teaspoon
- Chopped Dried Persimmon (or any dried fruit e.g Mango, Banana or Apple) 2Cups
- Adjust oven rack to upper and lower middle positions and preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, eggs, and yolks with an electric mixer until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour until just combined, then stir in apricots.
- Using floured hands, divide dough into 4 pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a 3-inch wide log. Bake until dry and stiff but not very darkened in color, 35 minutes. Take cookies out of oven and using a serrated knife, cut dough on the bias into 1-inch cookies. Lay cookies cut side up on baking sheets and bake until golden and dry, another 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling racks. Biscotti will stay in an airtight container for about one week.